Hello! My name is Riham AlTawy and I am an NSERC postdoctoral fellow at the Communication Security (ComSec) group in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo. My research interests focus on symmetric key cryptography, especially cryptanalysis, and design of lightweight primitives. Recently, I have grew some intrest in the blockchain and smart contract technologies, and their applications in designing secure protocols .
Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- Ph.D., Information Systems Engineering, Sept., 2012 - May, 2016. Field: Analysis and Design of Cryptographic Primitives.
Arab Academy for Science and Technology (AAST), Egypt
- M.Sc., Computer Engineering, Sept., 2004 - Nov., 2007. Field: A DNA-based Intrusion Detection System.
- B.Sc., Computer Engineering, Sept., 1999 - Jun., 2004.
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ComSec), University of Waterloo.
NSERC Postdoctoral Research Associate, Sept., 2016 - Present.Projects:
- Analysis and design of lightweight cryptographic algorithms
- Secure applications using the blockchain and smart contract technologies
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (CIISE), Concordia University.
Research Assistant, Sept., 2012 - May, 2016.Projects:
- Cryptanalysis of cryptographic primitives
- Security trade-offs in cyber physical systems
College of Information Technology, UAE UniversityInstructor (Full course teaching including one lecture and two lab sessions per week)
- Cryptographic Algorithms and Protocols (SECB 310), Fall, 2008 - Spring, 2012.
- Secure E-Commerce (SECB 430), Fall, 2010 - Spring, 2012.
- Policy Criteria and Evaluation (SECB 451), Fall, 2008 - Spring, 2010.
- Secure Protocols for the Internet (SECB 405), Fall, 2009 - Spring, 2011.
Computer Engineering Department, AASTTeaching assistant (Lab and tutorial sessions)
- Introduction to Computers, and Data Acquisition, Fall, 2004 - Spring, 2007.
- Data Structures, and Object Oriented Programming, Fall, 2006 - Spring, 2008.
Awards and Fellowships
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship NSERC, 90,000 CAD, 2016 - 2018
- FRQNT Postdoctoral Research Fellowship declined in favor of NSERC FRQNT (Quebec research funding agency), 70,000 CAD, 2016 - 2018
- Accelerator Award (Thesis early completion award) Concordia University, 5,000 CAD, 2016
- Professor Hugh Mcqueen Award of Excellence (NSERC PGS holders) Concordia University, 3,000 CAD, 2015
- The International Open Research Competition on STREEBOG The Russian federation standardization body TC26, 9,000 CAD, 2014 - 2015
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship NSERC, 42,000 CAD, 2014 - 2016
- FRQNT Doctoral Scholarship declined in favor of NSERC FRQNT (Quebec research funding agency), 26,666 CAD, 2014 - 2016
- Concordia University Merit Scholarship Concordia University, 10,000 CAD, 2014
- Concordia University Conference and Exposition Award Concordia University, 3,000 CAD, 2014-2015
- Graduate Merit Fellowship AAST, Master's program tuition waiver, 2005-2007
- AAST Honor scholarship AAST, 12,500 CAD, 1999-2004